For your convenience, Mountain Point Medical Center offers a wide variety of onsite clinical laboratory services, providing you and your health care providers with reliable, timely, and accurate information about your health. Our Clinical Laboratory is staffed with highly-skilled scientists who perform a wide range of tests.
Using sophisticated instruments, our chemists monitor and analyze chemical levels and changes within patient samples.
- Routine testing, including sodium, potassium, chloride, carbon dioxide, calcium, glucose, coagulation, and thyroid function
- Acute testing, for heart attack, stroke, kidney failure, and liver dysfunction
- Medication monitoring, for chronic illnesses, such as diabetes, severe asthma, and seizure disorders
- Substance abuse testing, for alcohol, opiates, amphetamines, barbiturates, and more
Our clinical laboratory scientists are experts at blood compatibility testing and administration, in which they identify, test, match, manipulate, and transfuse donor blood to compatible patients.
Our Microbiology Lab professionals examine patient samples for causes of infectious diseases.
- Bacteria, such as strep throat, urinary tract infections, pneumonia, and tuberculosis
- Fungi, such as yeast infections, valley fever, and ringworm
- Parasites, such as malaria, giardiasis, and hookworm infestation
- Viruses, such as herpes simplex virus, influenza A, and influenza B
In some cases, our Microbiology Lab must detect the presence of infectious diseases by examining antibodies in the blood that the body produces to fight infections, such as hepatitis A, B, and C, and HIV/AIDS.
Our expert lab technicians conduct comprehensive analyses on all components of blood to detect any blood conditions that can affect your health.
- Erythrocytes (i.e., red blood cells)
- Leukocytes (i.e., white blood cells)
- Platelets and coagulations (for blood clotting)